Field Technician Admission Protocol
Admission to the Standards of Excellence Academy Field Technician class is highly sought after. Due to the fact that each class has a limited number of students, admission is done through a competitive process, outlined below.
- If you are interested in competing for a position in Field Technician class, you must complete an Application for Admission. Applications can be obtained through our website here or you can obtain one physically at 1931 Stella Lake Street, Las Vegas, NV during business hours. Proceed to Step 2.
- View the Orientation video located here. In addition to the information in the Orientation video, please understand that to be accepted as a student in the Field Technician class, you must:
• Have a high school diploma or high school equivalency.
• Be a US citizen or otherwise legal to work.
• Be drug free and alcohol abuse free. Please be advised that we do drug test all those accepted for the Field Technician class as well as run background checks.
• Have a clean driving record, except for minor infractions and parking citations.
• Be able to obtain a Sheriff’s card.
• Be able to lift 75 lbs. and carry it 100 yds.
Assuming that you meet these qualifications and that the Orientation video sparks in you a particular interest in becoming a Field Technician, please proceed to Step 3.
- Complete your application and submit it at email@example.com, or if you cannot submit it online, you can drop it off at 1931 Stella Lake Street during business hours. Proceed to Step 4.
- The next step is basic testing. This includes testing of your reading and math levels, digital literacy and keyboarding skill. These tests are to confirm that you have the aptitude and ability to achieve success in the Field Technician field. Candidates for admission will be tested, using the Comprehensive Adult Standard Assessment Systems (CASAS) test. The minimum required scores to qualify for the class are: 230 for reading, 230 for math, a digital literacy of 75% and keyboarding at 25 words per minute. The testing will take place at the Standards of Excellence Academy (the Academy) at 1931 Stella Lake Street, Las Vegas, NV. Should your test results fall beneath these minimum scores, you may be offered free tutoring in whatever area is indicated. After that tutoring, you can retest to establish that you meet the minimum requirements. Once requirements are established, proceed to Step 5.
- At this point, you will be asked to take task specific tests. This will include a strength test. Again, these tests will be administered at the Academy. After you have completed these tests, and achieved a satisfactory score, proceed to Step 6.
- You have now made it to the level of interview status. Please contact the Clerk of the Academy to make an appointment for that interview.
We thank you for your interest in the Standards of Excellence Academy Field Technician class.