Learn to provide patients with compassionate day-to-day care.
The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant tuition at the Academy includes:
- Education offered Monday through Friday for 16 weeks
- Three sets of scrubs
- Materials/Supplies (Study Guides, PowerPoint Presentation & Online Modules)
- Certification Tests for Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the test to become HIPPA Certified
- Background check
- TB Testing
- Drug screening
- Hepatitis B series
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Foundational Knowledge
- Legal & Ethical Implications
- Safety & Emergency Practices
- Effective Communication
- Medical Terminology
- Infection & Infection Control
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Psychology, Growth & Development
- Patient Care Assessment
- Administrative Functions
What you can expect from the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Program:
Students will receive instruction in human anatomy and physiology, basic nursing skills, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), medical terminology, emergency care, infection control and safe clinical practices. They will also gain a basic understanding of office policy & procedures and medical billing & coding. The CCMA course is 4-month program in which you will receive 640 hours of instruction, including 160 hours of clinical practicum with a contracted health care facility.
After the successful completion of this course, with an overall score of 80% or better, participants will qualify for the test to be certified as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant through the NHA (National Health Career Association). Students will demonstrate proficiency in American Heart Association Basic Life Support, CPR, ethics, professionalism & customer service and will become HIPAA certified. Students will also demonstrate an understanding of office policy & procedures and have a basic understanding of electronic medical billing & coding.
The program is approved by the Nevada Commission on Secondary Education.
If you’re looking for a healthcare career that balances administrative tasks with hands-on clinical duties, then Standards of Excellence Academy’s Medical Assistant program is for you!
CCMA start dates: