Everything included in the Central Monitor Sitter tuition cost at the Academy:
- One week of classroom instruction:
- Monday - Friday 8am - 12pm
- Materials/supplies (study guides, power point presentation & online modules)
- Certification tests for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Class size is presently limited to 6 students.
- What is a Central Monitor
- Medical Ethics
- Customer Service
- Universal Precautions/Blood Borne Pathogens
- Fall Prevention
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
What you can expect from the Central Monitor Sitter Program:
Students in the Central Monitor Sitter program will learn the importance of vigilant patient monitoring, and proper responses to patient actions. They will demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide age appropriate service to patients and report patient safety and security to the RN. Central Patient Monitors will monitor up to 12 patients via a remote camera & computer screens to ensure safety and mitigate fall risk.