In Partnership with
The world of automotive technology is no longer a "grease monkey" job.
Everything included in the Automotive Technology 3-Tier tuition cost at the Academy:
- Education offered Monday through Friday for 16 weeks
Monday/Tuesday/Friday: Classroom instruction
Wednesday/Thursday: Hands-on at Findlay Dealerships
- Work Boots
- Three work uniforms
What you can expect from the Automotive Technology Program:
This introductory course will give students a basic understanding of the automobile, how it is designed and proper maintenance. The student will be introduced to the operating systems in the automobile. The course will cover automotive repair, maintenance, electronic principles and diagnostic procedures as well as scientific principles, applications of safety and the correct use of tools.
The course was jointly designed by the Findlay Automotive Group and the Standards of Excellence Academy. The educational format includes 3 days a week of instructor led classroom education coupled with 2 days a week of hands on education and experience in the Findlay Automotive Dealerships.
The course goal is to develop career and educational opportunities in automotive and related areas, enabling the student to pass and obtain the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) credentials for future employment.
- Identify and Utilize Safety Procedures and Proper Tools
- Perform Basic Vehicle Service
- Apply Concepts of Engine Repair (A1)
- Analyze Automatic Transmission/Transaxle for Service (A2)
- Analyze Manual Drivetrain and Axles for Service (A3)
- Perform Suspension and Steering Service and Repair (A4)
- Analyze Brake Systems for Service and Repair (A5)
- Analyze Electrical / Electronic Systems (A6)
- Analyze Heating and Air Conditioning Systems (A7)
- Analyze and Investigate Engine (A8)
- OSHA 10 Certification
- CPR/First Aid/A.E.D
- Practical Training
- Student ASE Prep & Exam
Automotive Technology classes begin: